- PROFIL Aragaki Yui
- Name : 新垣結衣 or あらがき ゆい or Aragaki Yui
- Nicknames : Gakky or ガッキー
- Birthdate : June 11, 1988
- Birthplace : Naha, Okinawa, Japan
- Star Sign : Gemini
- Blood Type : A
- Height : 167 cm
- Hobbies : Karaoke, reading manga and drawing
- Pofession : Japanese Idol, Model, Actress, Singger, and Occasional Radio Show Host
- Genres : Pop-rock and Pop
- Education : Naha Elementary School, Ozato Middle School, Sunrise High School
- Top Japan Drama Aragaki Yui
- Code Blue -as- Shiraishi Megumi (Fuji TV, 2008)
- Code Blue SP -as- Shiraishi Megumi (Fuji TV, 2008)
- Code Blue 2 -as- Shiraishi Megumi (Fuji TV, 2010)
- My Boss My Hero -as- Umemura Hikari (NTV, 2006)
- Dragon Zakura -as- Kosaka Yoshino (TBS, 2005)
- Smile -as- Mishima Hana (TBS, 2009)
- Sh15uya -as- Ema (TV Asahi,2005)
- Top Japan Film Aragaki Yui
- Koizora / Sky of Love (2007)
- Hanamizuki (2010)
- Top Japanese Music Aragaki Yui
- "Make My Day" (2008), Hug Album
- "Akai Ito" (2008,) Hug Album
- "Piece" (2009), Hug Album
- "Utsushie" (2009), Hug Album
- Sora Album (2007)
- Niji Album (2010)
- Awards Aragaki Yui
- "Rookie of the Year" (31st) Japan Academy Prize, (2008)
- "Most Popular Actor" (31st) Japan Academy Prize, (2008)
- "Best Newcomer" (50th) Blue Ribbon Awards, (2008)
- "Best Newcomer" (29th) Yokohama Film Festival, (2008)
- "Rookie of the Year" (32nd) Elan D’or Award, (2008)
- "Best Newcomer" (20th) Nikkan Sports Film Awards, (2007)
- "Movie Award winner" (45th) Golden Arrow Award, (2008)
- "grand prix winner" (4th) Nicola Model Auditon, (2001)
- "Best Supporting Actress" for Smile (61st) Television Drama Academy Awards
- "Best Supporting Actress" for Smile (13th) Nikkan Sports Drama Grand Prix, (2009)
- Wallpaper ARAGAKI YUI
Aragaki Yui started her career by offering from her sister become a model for the Nicola Magazine. After it, Yui won the Grand Prix and officially became an exclusive model Nicomo Magazine. Yui was also concerned with the advertising world and events.
After a while Yui decided to wrestle the world of film and drama. Her first drama named Dragon Zakura and become a stepping stone towards success became the artist. The following years Yui starred in several drama korea.
Besides acting Yui also released her first music album (Sora and The Singles Heavenly Day). Yui also participated in radio programs japan (School of Locks!) with Horikita maki, Chiaki Kuriyama and Nana Eikura.
Yui is a well-loved Japan idol. Because of her fashion sense and logical personality, Yui gained a large fanbase in and out of Japan, especially in Indonesia. Her beauty and smile face is well-regarded in her home country. Yui is also considered as one of Japan's local celebrities who possess beautiful faces artist.
Yui is a sweet and sunny smile face that has attracted thousands of hearts in Japan and partly world. Meet Japanese actress and singer Yui, star of the hit romantic film "Sky Of Love". Yui is also known as the Pocky girl.
Also, Yui has been hailed by the media as one of the most promising 20-year-old female stars to look out for in Japan several years ago. But fame didn't come easy for Yui, who started out as a magazine model before appearing on TV in 2005.
Last year, Yui was so overworked from juggling four acting projects and recording her debut album that Yui nearly had an emotional breakdown reported by Sina.com. Her health reportedly suffered due to immense pressure and lack of sleep. After drawing flak once for missing a gala premiere last August due to her busy schedule, Yui insisted on turning up at the next one in October despite developing abdominal pains.
Nikkan Gendai reported that her doctors advised her to rest but Yui stubbornly refused to listen. Yui also confessed that Yui was unable to cope with the emotional trauma faced by her character in the movie Sky Of Love, and Yui once cried three hours for just one scene.
Hearing that, Yui reportedly felt so overwhelmed that Yui got down on her knees in front of the crowd of 400 people and thanked everyone for their support. Yui even screamed 'I like you all so much!' in an Okinawan dialect and burst into tears when another co-star gave her a bouquet.
Yui wrote on her blog in November last year that Yui was healthy and getting enough rest, so her fans didn't have to worry about her.
Sky Of Love, which is now showing in theatres here, grossed a remarkable 3.9 billion yen ($52million) at the box office in Japan. Critics raved over Yui's natural and yet convincing acting, and Yui also became the darling of Japan's major film awards.
Aragaki Yui once said: "No matter how hard I try, I still don't have confidence in myself and I feel panicky."
Her insecurity also showed when Aragaki released her debut album Sky and stood on the coveted stage at the Budokan stadium in Tokyo for the first time. It is where every singer dreams of holding her first ticketed concert, but Aragaki was lucky to have her record label Warner Music Japan organise a free concert for her there. Aragaki then explained that Aragaki was feeling extremely nervous as it was the first time Aragaki was performing in front of such a big crowd, reported by Takungpao.com. Luckily, it didn't take long for her to warm up.
When someone screamed that he liked her, Aragaki said no one had ever confessed to her like that, other than during filming. And when another fan asked her to marry him, Aragaki laughed and told him to wait until Aragaki was 28 with her debut album selling a respectable 500,000 copies in Japan. Aragaki is poised to give the new generation of J-pop chart-toppers like "Ayaka and Yuna Ito" a run for their yen.
Aragaki's first single, "Heaven Days", which is also the theme song for "Sky Of Love", has been downloaded more than 600,000 times on authorised pay-per-song websites in Japan. It was released here earlier last month by Warner Music Singapore. And its marketing director "James Kang" said that an advertising campaign is in place to make Aragaki the next "Takako Matsu". He added that now Aragaki is the Warner's priority artist, and it is rare to have an actress with a big hit album.